Coronavirus: A unique opportunity…
‘Keep your head, whilst all about you are losing theirs’ ~ Rudyard Kipling
Whilst the increasing gravity of the situation develops daily and could potentially come to dramatically change the lives of yourself, your family, or your close friends, it may also provide each of us a unique opportunity we are unlikely to get again anytime soon.
There is much of this which is way out of our control, and we have to trust governments to make the correct decisions in the best interest of public health, decisions which we cannot really impact (other than to follow) and therefore can’t waste energy worrying about.
That said, there are plenty of things still within our full control… So rather than stick to the doom and gloom, I would like to share with you 10 things that could help you benefit from this situation. Especially if the situation continues to escalate and isolation or lockdown becomes something we all have to do.
1. Working from Home – What a unique opportunity to show your bosses how much more work you can get done at home and strengthen your argument for more flexible working hours and more time to work from home.
2. Sleep – We love telling the world how little sleep we get, well with more time at home, less sport on TV, along with the positive impact sleep will have on your immune system what a unique opportunity to get to bed on time and give yourself at least the chance to sleep 8 hours.
3. Come together as a community – It is plain to see the negative impact the loss of community is having on society, what a unique opportunity to come together to support one another through difficult times.
4. Reconnect with your families – We live in such a fast paced world we simply don’t get enough time with our loved ones, what a unique opportunity to spend time with one another, make that call to a distant relative you have been meaning to call, play with your kids, and tell your parents you love them.
5. Forget body composition as a goal – Finally understand that your health status, is not about your body composition (although obesity will have a negative impact), 6 pack abs, or #BootGains. What a unique opportunity to get off the ridiculous diets, fads, and BS information designed to make you feel shit about yourself.
6. Strengthen your immune system – True health resides in the strength of your immune system, what a unique opportunity to recognise the importance of it on your health and focus on how to improve it. The people with the strongest immune systems will be the least affected by this pandemic.
7. Get those jobs done – With more time at home looking increasingly likely what a unique opportunity to finally get all the odd jobs done that have been on your mind and you keep saying if only I had the time.
8. Develop yourself – Especially if you are self-isolation, rather than wasting away the hours sedating and scrolling on your phones, watching mindless TV; What a unique opportunity to study, to read, to learn something you would love to a learn, or pick up something you forgot about.
9. Rest & Recover – The one thing we never have time to do but have more need for it than ever before. What a unique opportunity to finally get some R & R to allow our bodies and our minds to rest.
10. Plan and execute – Is your life really heading where you want it to, times like this should allow us to pause and reflect to ask if we are really fulfilling our life’s purpose or merely existing. What a unique opportunity to decide on a better future for ourselves and put in place a plan to help us achieve that.
Stay Safe, Be Inspired
Speak with a coach today
Enter your details below and we will be in touch to book your free consultation.